The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit will be hearing arguments in Oregon during the week of October 3 – 7, 2011. The Federal Bar Association, IP Section of the Oregon State Bar, and Oregon Patent Law Association are co-hosting a special CLE, cocktail reception, and dinner event on Wednesday, October 5 at the Governor Hotel.
Here is the schedule of events:
8:00am CASE BRIEFING REGISTRATION
8:30am – 9:45am FREE CASE BRIEFING SEMINAR
– At the Mark O. Hatfield Courthouse, Portland
– Featuring: Craig Rogers of Harris Lee & Rogers LLP; Chris Carraway of Klarquist Sparkman, LLP; Bryan Kirkpatrick of Stolowitz Ford Cowger LLP; and Nathan Brunette of Stoel Rives LLP
– Applying for 1.25 CLE credits for the case briefing – no fee (but registration is required as space is limited)
10:00am – 12:00pm PUBLIC HEARINGS of the U.S. Court of the Appeals for the Federal Circuit at the United States District Court for the District of Oregon (Mark O. Hatfield Federal Courthouse)
CLE SEMINAR AND PANEL DISCUSSION
The Governor Hotel (Portland, OR), Heritage Ballroom
1:30pm CLE AND RECEPTION REGISTRATION
2:00pm – 2:15pm OSB IP Section Annual Business Meeting, OSB IP Section members encouraged to attend.
2:15pm – 3:00pm HOT TOPICS IN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
– Featuring: Peter E. Heuser of Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt
3:00pm – 3:15pm Break
3:15pm – 4:15pm Panel discussion: Oral Advocacy and Appellate Advocacy
– Featuring: members of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and moderated by Matthew C. Phillips of Stoel Rives LLP
4:15pm – 4:30pm Break
4:30pm – 5:15pm Question & Answer Session
5:15pm – 6:15pm COCKTAIL RECEPTION
– Including: hors d\’oeuvres and a hosted bar (one beverage per guest)
The Governor Hotel (Portland, OR), Grand Ballroom
6:00pm DINNER REGISTRATION
6:30pm – 9:00pm DINNER WELCOMING THE FEDERAL CIRCUIT TO OREGON
As seating is limited, we are ONLY accepting online registrations. You may register for a single event, two events, or all three events. The registration deadline is September 28, 2011. As we anticipate extraordinary interest in these events, we encourage you to register as soon as possible.
Sponsorships are available to help support these events. More information on sponsorships is available on the FCBA website. You may also contact Greg Glofak regarding sponsorship questions at 202-536-4160 or email@example.com.
If you have any other questions about this event, please contact: Mike Heilbronner, Chair of the IP Section: firstname.lastname@example.org Nathan Scherer, President of OPLA: email@example.com Michelle Craig, Past-Chair of the IP Section: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oct 5 2011 – 11:00am